Local Services in Stonehouse
Bringing Stonehouse together for the health and wellbeing of our community
Support Stonehouse was formed by the Town Council in March 2020 in response to the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, initially with the aim of addressing food security in Stonehouse. Since then, the remit of the group has grown to encompass supporting the town with a view to helping with all of the physical, mental and emotional support that our community needs. The group is hosted by Stonehouse Town Council but works closely with a range of local stakeholders such as All Pulling Together, Churches Together, The Long Table, The Door, Stonehouse Community Centre, Stroud District Council, Gloucestershire County Council and local businesses. The achievements of 2020 include:
- Helping bring The Long Table to Stonehouse.
- Purchasing a freezer for community use at the Douglas Morley Hall.
- Supplying a bulk delivery of toiletries to All Pulling Together for distribution to the community.
- Producing information leaflets and having them delivered to all households in Stonehouse.
- Creating an online directory to signpost people seeking help.
- Designing, producing and delivering leaflets for the Freezers of Love project
There is lots of support and advice out there but we want to bring it together onto one page, so that the information is quick and easy to find.
We have grouped organisations and charities into general and more age or subject-specific areas with contact phone numbers, email addresses and websites.
All Pulling Together
Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB)
Provides individuals with free, independent, confidential & impartial advice about problems which they may face as well as information about debt & money, work, benefits, housing, family, law & courts.
- The service is currently available from the Stroud Office on 0808 800 0510.
- The office is open from 10am to 1.45pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
All Pulling Together
Free food supplies: Every Monday 11.15am to 1.15pm. Local people collecting the food need to wear a mask and be prepared to give Surname; 1st line of address; phone contact number and say how many adults and how many children in the household.
Food Bank Vouchers: Available during office hours only Monday to Friday 10am to 4.30pm. These can be gained by phoning the following contact numbers:
- 07907888989 – Stacey Williams
- 07494465078 – Sara Lawlor.
The Food Bank will then phone the person to ask about any allergies and arrange delivery
COVID 19 Test
Booking a COVID19 test
Gloucestershire NHS Services
Gloucestershire NHS Services – https://covid19.glos.nhs.uk/
Change, Grow, Live (CGL)
Drug and alcohol recovery service, appointments by phone and email.
- Call: 01452 223014
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: www.changegrowlive.org/drug-alcohol-recovery-service-gloucestershire
Provides sexual health care across the county. It is free and available to anyone who needs it
- Call 0300 421 6500
- Visit www.hopehouse.nhs.uk
Offers free practical, emotional & social support to people with cancer and their families and friends. Help is offered freely to anyone with any time of cancer
- Call 01242 250611
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit www.maggiescentres.
Stonehouse Memory Link
Support for individuals and families dealing with dementia
- Call 01453 827565/286
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloucestershire Carers Hub
Provide advice, guidance and support for individuals caring for others. Practical support including a carers assessment, organising respite care, financial advice/support with benefits and planning for the future.
Mental Health Services
General Mental Health Services
If you are worried about your own, or someone else’s suicidal thoughts or feelings:
- For an emergency or life threatening situation ALWAYS call 999
- For other Mental Health concerns make an URGENT appointment with your GP
- Call Gloucestershire NHS Trust Crisis Team on: 0800 1690398
Support people who are experiencing moderate to severe mental ill health
- Call 01452 317460
- Visit: www.independencetrust.co.uk/
Gloucestershire Self Harm Helpline
For people who self-harm, their families and carers. Telephone, webchat and text support 5pm-10pm daily.
- Call 0808 801 0606/Text: 07537 410 022
- Visit www.gloucestershireselfharm.
Sunflowers Suicide Support
Raise awareness of suicide and its effects on families. Identify suicide risk factors and educate others about recognising them and how to respond. Provide advice and support to those bereaved by suicide.
P3 are based in Daniels industrial Estate at Lightpill.
To contact them with any housing issues phone the office on 01453 750480
Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service (GDASS)
Stroud Beresford Group
Provides women refuge, provide community-based services and family support. 12-week courses and range of workshops and training courses.
- Call 01453 764385
- Visit www.
Stonehouse Neighbourhood Warden
- Call 07753725185
- Email: email@example.com
Liz Ward and Debbie Hudman
- Call 0845 090 1234
Benefits & Money
GL Communities advisors are available on the following number 01452 505544 regarding payments arrears and debt advice. The advice service runs from APT on Tuesdays 10am to Noon. This service will be by appointment only.
Please contact the number above to make an appointment or ring the APT office on 01453 822705.
Stroud Job Centre Plus
- New Benefit Claims: 0800 055 6688
- Existing Benefit Claims: 0800 169 0310
- Cancel or change a jobcentre appointment: 0800 328 9344
- Universal Credit: 0800 328 9344
Home Start Stroud & Gloucester
Offers support and friendship for families through difficult times like mental health and post-natal illness, bereavements, physical health difficulties, addiction, job loss or other life stresses.
Family Information Service
- Call 01452 427362 / 0800 542 02 02
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.glosfamiliesdirectory.org.uk/kb5/gloucs/glosfamilies/home.page
Children & Families Helpdesk
Age UK Gloucestershire
Adult Social Care
The Door Youth Project
Operates Stonehouse Youth Club from The Pod in Oldends Lane. Provides support for young people and their families face-to-face, in the community and by phone or virtually.
- Call 01453 756745
- Visit: www.thedoor.org.uk/about/opening-hours/stonehouse
For 11 to 18 year olds
An online support platform where young people can access free anonymous counselling, join friendly discussion boards, keep online journals, goal trackers, and read self-help articles with the op